Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Cookies 'n Cream Milkshake

I had an amazing Columbus day weekend full of family time and food!  After a long hike at Chimney Bluffs on Monday, along with the surprisingly warm weather, I decided that a milkshake would be the perfect treat at the end of the day! It took me a while to find a recipe for a "healthy" milkshake, but the recipe I found was totally worth searching for.   I am not a huge fan of bananas, but through this recipe, I learned that "banana whip" can be a healthy replacement for ice cream, and, when mixed with other ingredients, the banana flavor is not as pronounced.


Ingredients
2 ripe bananas, frozen and sliced
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup whipped topping
3 oreos

Directions:
1. Blend the frozen bananas and milk until smooth--this creates "banana whip", which has the texture and taste of soft serve ice cream!

2. Add the whipped topping and Oreos and then blend for about 1 minute.

The full directions are available on "Sally's Baking Addiction" website, where I found this fun take on a cookies and cream shake.

I really enjoyed this milkshake!  I tasted only a bit of the banana flavor, and considering two whole bananas were used in replace of ice cream, I was pleasantly surprised.  If you are truly committed to keeping the recipe as healthy as possible, stick to three Oreos, two will even do. However, adding a few extra Oreos for some extra chocolate flavor is a suggestion I would make if you are looking to splurge just a little bit :)

Enjoy!

My hike at Chimney Bluffs--too beautiful not to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment